Our track record speaks for itself. COMPASS ADVISORY PARTNERS helps underperforming companies by developing and executing strategies for a successful turnaround or investment banking solution.
PRINTER SUPPLY COMPANY with $250 million in sales servicing the small office/home office markets. Consulted with the company to implement the following:
- Rationalize product lines and manufacturing facilities.
- Procedure for new product development to market-driven.
- Coordination of marketing and sales efforts in conjunction with new product introductions.
- Divestiture of non-core assets.
INJECTION MOLDING COMPANY in violation of Bank covenants. Management buyout with the new owners having limited experience in total cash management.
- Implemented 13-week cash flow model.
- Stabilized banking relationships.
- Established collection program for South America.
- Reduced resale product line.
MOTOR CARRIER - $60 million dollar trucking company with financial problems stemming from the economic downturn.
- Closed non-core business activities.
- Sold interest in related businesses to majority shareholder.
- Stabilized bank relationship, downsized fleet, and sold excess assets.
- Appointed to Board of Directors.
PRECISION FORGE COMPANY with $50 million in sales manufacturing fan blades for jet engines and land based gas turbines.
- Participated in the purchase of the company.
- President and CEO during turnaround process.
- Reduced inventories by 50%.
- Improved on-time deliveries from 60% to 95%.
- Paid five notes in 6 months.
- Increased shareholder value by a multiple of 15.
Frozen Food Processor
School Bus Assembly
CD and DVD Manufacturer
Electrodes for Furnaces
Industrial Sewing Machines
Lead Crystal Manufacturer
Locomotive Wheel Forging
Plastic & Metal Products Manufacturer and Assembler
Refractories - Precast Shapes
Silicon Wafer Manufacturer
Steel Mill Roll Manufacturer
Storage Rack Manufacturer
Mergers and Acquisitions
Glass and Crystal Manufacturer
Frozen Beef Products Manufacturer
Molded Foam and Packaging Manufacturer
When I first heard that our Company (Cady Industries) would begin to explore liquidating the Company, I was concerned about whom the bank group would send in to do the job. While this is never a favorable process, I don't know how they could have picked a more suitable set of individuals. Nick Arrington and Larry Powers (now d/b/a Compass Advisory Partners) explored many options before determining their course of action for this business and in doing so created a working team to help guide them and build continuity in the decision making process.
Compass was focused on all the things that should be important when your Company is facing difficult decisions. Nick and Larry always held in highest regards the people and the many lives that are affected as well as their fiduciary responsibility to their client. The business had been for sale for over 18 months and in less than 3 months they had sold both plants, secured employment for over 2/3 of the workforce, and recovered 25% more than their original projections.
In our case, Nick and Larry were able to engineer a win-win in terms of the people and the secured lenders. They have remained closely aligned to their client even after their work was completed. While I am hesitant to over express praise about anyone, these guys provide a refreshing new approach in an otherwise cookie cutter profession.
Formerly Vice President
& Authorized Officer
Cady Industries, Inc.
Note: Our relationships are built on trust. We are sensitive to our client's wishes for privacy and discretion. Therefore, we use names only when we have express written consent to do so.